Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A break in the storm...

Thanks for your encouragement! I've made it through 2 exams and turning in my resume so the big stuff is done. One more tomorrow, but it's a group exam, and I found out it doesn't count towards my grade so I don't have to worry about another exam until 2 weeks. :)

This weekend was a time of stress though. I wasn't as productive as I would have liked to be on Saturday which was compounded by the fact that I broke my printer and locked myself out of my dorm in the afternoon. It was a bit frustrating since I was really trying to crack down in the afternoon on my studies. I broke the printer trying to print the practice exams and then in a rush to the library, I left my key in the room. The printer ended up being a larger inconvenience since I have to print out my work for class each day and needed it to edit and turn in my resume. All of the printers the school had seemed to be down when I needed them making it difficult to be efficient.

It's weird because I felt like I had a lot of test anxiety unnecessarily. I used to stress about tests but not this much. Maybe it's because I'm back to being a student again and forgot how to manage test stress. The upside was that Marina and family came to Boston for their fall break and I got to hang out with them for a bit. It was relaxing to see them and really enjoyable to catch up although internally I could tell I was stressing out. I was trying to have perspective on how rarely I see Marina so that I could enjoy it more, but still fell victim to the stress. Marina - sorry I didn't make better use of my time so that I could hang out with you more!

So all in all - what's the point of my post? I need to chill out and recognize how important things really are. But sometimes, it can be so hard to do...

No comments: