Monday, December 10, 2007

Dress Up

This past Friday was our winter formal 'Holidazzle'. One thing about formals here is they do them well; while it was not a cheap event, I'm glad I went. We had a fun dinner with the section before a dessert buffet and dance floor were at our disposal. The drama occurred ahead of time in figuring out what to wear. Since it was a black tie event, I went dress shopping but didn't really find anything. I got a dress for $32 at Macy's (great deal!) but then decided that it wasn't formal enough and to wear a dress I had previously worn to a Casino Night at the beginning of the year. The only problem was that somehow, miraculously, the dress was too big. That was actually why I had been looking into other dresses, but since I couldn't find anything both affordable and cute I decided to safety pin this dress to make it smaller. Impressively, it worked without looking too obvious so I was happy. The other component was finding shoes to wear with the dress since I didn't have anything appropriate. Normally, I wouldn't mind all this shopping but shopping here in Boston is troublesome since I don't have a car, and it takes at least 30 min to get to the shopping areas. In the end, I decided to wear these shoes with very high heels and suffer through the pain to save the trouble of finding shoes. Unfortunately, I'm paying for it in other ways - the toes in my left foot at still a little numb. The feeling in them has started to come back; I give it a few more days and I should be 100%. I've included a few pics with two of my good friends from my section as well as one with former Austinites Nate and Margaret.

2 comments:

sharerie said...

Nate is wearing a red bowtie!!! I don't know why, but that's funny to me. Did all the guys wear bowties?

Looks like it was fun. You didn't have any appropriate shoes? Girl, I thought we unpacked 15 pairs of black dress shoes!! Haha, I can't believe I just wrote "girl".

Anyways, I was thinking about you this morning and hoping you were well, so it was nice to have your blog post show up in my inbox =)

Remind me again when you'll be in town? Our holiday schedule is under negotiation (drama, drama), but hopefully it will include being in Austin when you are.

Jennifer Hu said...

looking good!