Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to School...

It's been a hectic couple of days as I landed in Boston Sunday night and promptly started class on Monday. I'm still tired, but I'm telling myself I've only got 2 days to go. Tomorrow will be a tougher day to prepare sadly so. Anyway, my trip was great! It was very cool to be in such a different location.

In Dubai we went on a sand dune off-roading safari which means drivers drive us around the dunes which in turn made me nauseous. It was cool to see, but I could have gone for a shorter ride. :)

This is the Burj al Arab - the fancy hotel built on a man-made island.

Seeing the Sphinx and pyramids was a definite highlight. While in Egypt we got to meet with the CEO of Egypt's largest business, the premier Egyptologist who told us about some of his discoveries etc, and spend a day at the Red Sea.

From the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Queen Hathsheput


Karnak Temple, in front of King Tut's tomb, while on a faluka, and sailing down the Nile.


At the Red Sea and in front of the Giza Pyramids.

We ended up having a free day in Egypt since our meetings were canceled for Islamic New Year. Some of thought it might be fun to go to the Red Sea, and it turns out the student who organized the Egypt part of the trip has a family beach house on the Red Sea. Even though it was pretty cold, I still swam in it for a bit just to say that I've swam in the Red Sea! The water is amazingly clear and pretty.

Well that's it for now since I need to get going on work... but hopefully I'll have time update with more soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hu said...

wow! what an adventure!