After making it to the airport, I try to use the ticket they've given to be at the electronic kiosk. But surprise, it doesn't work. They point me to the long check-in line - I guess that's why I left at 7 am. While I'm in line I'm told I can't go standby because I'm not high enough in the frequent flyer program. We'll see about that I think to myself.
I finally get my chance in line, and I get my boarding pass for the San Antonio flight at 9:30 and a standby ticket for the 9:00 to Austin. I go to the Austin flight gate to see what my chances are. I'm #2 in the list which is great, but since the flights are delayed for weather there's more time for someone to claim their seat. I wait, and then good news finally comes! I made it onto the Austin flight. No ridiculous flight to San Antonio and then riding a bus into Austin! I'm so happy. Then the euphoria starts to wear off as they continually delay my flight. The flight crew is here they promise, but we don't see them. Finally we board the plane and then we wait in line again for our turn to get de-iced. I think we finally take off at 11:30 am.
I arrive in Austin and have a VERY quick visit (about 25 hours outside of the airport).
On the way back, I get to my gate and everyone is supposed to be on time. Then the announcement is made: my flight has been delayed. If your connecting flight is before 7:40, you should be fine they say. Hmm, my connection is right at 7:40. I wait in line to see if I have any other options. None. Then the flight gets delayed some more before we finally board. I find out that our flight was delayed because they had forgotten to refuel it when they were in Portland. That comment gives me a lot of confidence. My only hope is that my connection is also delayed.
I land in Cincinnati and haul it. As I reach the terminal, I ask the customer service rep, that they've "placed their for own convenience", about my flight. It's at 7:40 she says. I ask if it's been delayed. She doesn't seem to know but tells me instead that it's 7:30 right now. I didn't really understand what her role was if she was going to be less informative than a flight monitor. I run through the airport, catch the shuttle, and then run to the gate to find out, indeed the flight has been delayed. Whoo hoo - I'm going to make my flight afterall - I won't have to spend another night in Cincinnati. YAY!!!! Never have I been so happy about such an annoying situation. Delta is forever banned from my list no matter how cheap the flight is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment