Friday, July 25, 2008

Fun weekends!

This past weekend I continued my streak of fun weekends by going to Tahoe. Tahoe is further than I thought - it's longer than Austin to Dallas! So after a long drive and arriving in Tahoe around midnight, I was happily surprised by our lodging. A classmate on the trip has a friend who agreed to let us stay at his condo. It just so happens the condo is right on Lake Tahoe, nicely furnished with plenty of beds, and with kayaks and a tennis court. It was awesome how nice this place was.

After getting 9 hours of sleep (that's a record for me!), I woke up and got ready to go mountain biking. Unfortunately, the altitude hit me, and I got light-headed early on in the ride. So our sub-group took it a little easier but still did a lot of biking. Then after a very Californian healthy and yummy lunch, I went swimming in the lake (cold) and then warmed up in the complex swimming pool. Afterwards, it was time for tennis and then we made dinner. It was delicious with steak, burgers, grilled veggies and corn, salad, watermelon, and dessert.

Sunday morning we went kayaking and almost sunk a kayak. How that's possible, I don't really know. Thankfully, we had a canoe too so we were able to use that to help empty the water from the kayak. I got a good workout and was happy when I was sore the next day. Then it was another swim before I headed back home. So relaxing!

Now this coming weekend, the plan is to go to Napa. Yay! :D

1 comment:

Pfeng said...

you got to do some REAL mountain biking! Jealous!