Friday, September 19, 2008

Bolting to NYC

So 2 weeks ago I went to NYC to visit Peggy and Leo and see the US Open. I had gotten tickets over the summer for the Men's Semifinal so I was pretty excited. The weekend was great! I started out by getting there on the Bolt bus where it only costs about $17 each way b/w Boston and NYC (much like the Chinatown bus). The only difference is that it is equipped with wireless as well as electrical outlets so I could do work on the ride.

For the US Open there was slight damper - called rain! They moved up the Federer Djokovic match and then decided to have Murray and Nadal play in the Louis Armstrong stadium before the Federer match had finished. Since they moved it into the other stadium, it was first come first serve so we rushed from our nosebleed seats and got to sit up close for the match. It was amazing! Too bad it started raining, and the game was rescheduled for the next day. Even though I didn't get to see 2 full matches I guess it was worth seeing Nadal and Murray up close!

I also enjoyed yummy food with the Chens. We tried out this Japanese restaurant thanks to yelp and it was awesome! Yummy food at a very good price - you know that makes me a fan!

2 comments:

Edmund and Alicia said...

did you see nancy yau there? she got tickets too....

FP said...

i did - i randomly ran into her when the match was canceled. so funny!