Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weather Patterns...

Last week, it rained a lot. :( It's not like when it rains in Texas where it pours and then stops. We had non-stop raining for 3 days and then more scattered rain afterwards. Plus, it put a damper on what I could do since I have to walk to get around. I had to skip out on grocery shopping, meeting up with people etc. Thank goodness for rainboots - they are amazing for living up here!

The other downside of the rain is just how it makes everything gloomy. I think I have seasonal affectiveness disorder (yup that's aka SAD) where not having any sun makes me lethargic and tired. All week it's been hard to wake up and motivate myself to do things. The occasional workout helps at least...

Speaking of weather, I hope all my friends in Houston are doing better! I've been praying for you all!

While the rain has passed, sadly it's been exchanged for a cold front. We're already dropping to lows around 48. Seriously, where did fall go? I've had my sunglasses on my desk for the last month - don't think I'll be needing them for a while.

On the upside, my dad is coming to visit next weekend. I'm hoping we'll have some nice fall weather as we drive around New England and try to work in some hiking.

1 comment:

Edmund and Alicia said...

i love boston in the fall.