Friday, May 22, 2009

The Long Journey

I'm finally back in Boston. It was a long set of flights from Hanoi, Vietnam back to here... A 31 hour itinerary
Hanoi -> Taipei
Taipei -> Los Angeles
Los Angeles -> JFK
a 6 hour layover in JFK from 1am - 7am (oo fun)
JFK -> Boston

So happy to be back, except I'm delirious since I stayed up for all of the first 2 flights and only got some sleep on the LA- JFK flight. We'll see how the jet lag battle goes today. All in all the trip was fun! I'll put up some posts of the travels highlights with photos in the days to come...

Some top picks:
Halong Bay - where the kings and queens used to vacation back in the dynasty days... gorgeous limestone rock jutting out as we stayed on a boat for the night
Chiang Mai - elephants.. need I say more
Hue - amazing tombs of the Nyguen dynasty emperors
Koh Samui - really nice beach resort!

1 comment:

Edmund and Alicia said...

welcome back...you just missed the swine flu. I watched TAKEN (w/ Liam Neeson) and thought of you...