Monday, February 11, 2008

Grace

So I've recently been in love with this song by Ingrid Michaelson, "The Way I Am". It was on an episode of Grey's Anatomy and has immediately found a spot on the mellow mix on my iPod. One reason I love it is obviously the way it sounds but also the lyrics of the chorus - the singer talks about being accepted the way she is. It also reminds me of one of my favorite lines in Bridget Jones Diary when Mark Darcy says he likes Bridget the way she is.

I know it's a common concept in songs and movies, but this past Sunday at church it came to mind again when I thought about the beauty of God's grace as we sang this song called Majesty:
"Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands"

While that type of acceptance is so longed for and desired in romantic relationships, I often forget how powerful it is that we already have that with God and that it's the crux of His relationship with us.

Random warm and fuzzy thought that I wanted to share. :)

2 comments:

sharerie said...

Yay for warm fuzzies =) It's hard to grasp this idea fully, but it's always affirming to have a moment where it clicks.

Jennifer Hu said...

I love that song too! So catchy.