After finishing finals Wednesday, and then hanging with my section for our last hoorah, I began the process I despise the most - packing! Thursday was filled with packing with intermittent stops to get food, trying to turn in a lease etc. Unfortunately, I was not very productive. Plus my friend agreed to let me borrow his Jeep so that I didn't have to get a zipcar to move my boxes into storage but this pushed the timetable up for me too. Under pressure, I finally finished at 5:45 am today. I went to sleep, woke up at 10 to turn in my lease for next year and began the moving process around 11. We finished moving everything in storage around 3 and then I shipped a box off to Palo Alto. With traffic, I got back at 4. Then it was time for last minute errands including mailing some items (finger puppets I got for my niece and nephew in Peru) and returning things like dresses and ink cartridges. The only problem was that the T (subway) was having delays so I didn't make it back to campus until 6, when I was supposed to meet my friend for dinner. Now I'm back home (got back at 8), showered, and getting ready to pack the last bits for my flight to Cali early in the morning.
I really can't believe the year is over. It's been really quick - someone asked me if I thought I've changed this year. I'd definitely have to say I did. How... that's a little harder to put my finger on. I'll think about that for a bit and will report back later.
And next time, I promise I'll add more pics including my newly sad and empty dorm room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
trip to Houston?
Post a Comment