So now that I've started work, I am reminded of the enormous blessing it is to go to school. Even though the year was tough in a lot of ways and kept me busy and low on sleep, I know that I still like it way more than working. haha
I've been staffed on a project in Seattle, which means I fly back and forth each week. I knew that would be the case, and I knew there was the high likelihood of working 12+ hours days, but I was being hopeful that might not be the case. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I think I'm getting adjusted to it slowly, but I'm trying to remember to keep up a positive attitude as I do it. Hopefully I'll get more acclimated over time. If not, I only have 7 weeks left so I guess that's not too bad either. :) In addition to getting some good work experience, my side goals include accumulating frequent flyer miles and getting hotel points. There's definitely a lot of eating out with the job - especially dinners, but I'm trying to limit myself with the temptation of dessert. I think I'm doing an OK job of eating healthy. Hopefully that continues. :)
That also means on the weekends I have to make the most of my free time. This past weekend was a busy but fun one including - 2 trips into San Francisco to see classmates, a game of Ultimate frisbee at Stanford, 2 barbeques, errands, and church. A very full weekend. I'm not ready to start work again tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
where in seattle are you staying? downtown?
yup that's where i was this week :)
Did you actually play Ultimate on campus or just near there? If you want to play on Saturday, I sometimes go to a game near Stanford. Sounds like busy weekends!
i actually play on the stanford campus at palm and roth. they're good and they're friendly.
yeah i need to hang out with you phoon again sometime soon...
Post a Comment