As part of my summer internship, they hold a Summer Associate Conference in Colorado Springs at this resort called The Broadmoor. It was amazing! It's a beautiful resort right in the mountains; it's a very large and extensive resort so we were definitely pampered. I arrived on Wednesday and left on Sunday morning. Part of the conference had to be professional program, but I also got to go river rafting (but it was only a Class 3) as well as go outdoor rock climbing in the Garden of the Gods. I already went to Maui as part of the job which was cool, but I think I'd have to say this trip was better. The spacing between the professional programs and fun things was more even, and the resort itself was really fun. There was a cool pool with 2 big water slides, and the firm had a cabana available for us to hang out at. I know - I'm pretty spoiled. There was even a night where we ate dinner at this lodge where they had different birds and wolves for us to look at. We also saw a bear hanging out near a golf course while at the lodge.
The rock climbing was the big highlight for me. After climbing a few times on the easier rocks, I went to the big leagues where they had some climbs set up in the Garden of the Gods. It's this beautiful park in Colorado Springs. It was definitely difficult, and the guide helped me here and there (including, kind of pulling me up to help me reach), but it was great to reach the top and enjoy the view. I scratched up my hand and leg in the process, but now I can say I have battle wounds. So fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are the queen of battle wounds =) Glad to hear you had such a great trip! What an eventful year it's been for you!
again i am jealous
Post a Comment