Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things I'll Miss About Texas

1. Family and Friends - an obvious one, but had to be mentioned; it's been great to be nearby family and I've been blessed with awesome friends!

2. Tex-Mex - I love Chuy's, Hula Hut, Trudy's, Taco Cabana, A la Carrera breakfast tacos, Mesa Rosa... and the list goes one. How sad that On the Border will have to be my fix in the NE

3. BBQ - I've started my parting with BBQ with a Salt Lick Trip, my first visit to Lockhart for Smitty's BBQ, and Rudy's. I'm kind of BBQed out right now, but I know I'll miss it in a month

4. Outdoor activities - while I do complain about getting really dark, I will miss getting to play sand volleyball and ultimate, going to the lake, going hiking, and any of the other various outdoor activities we have here in Austin

5. Ya'll - I'm sure I'm going to get made fun of for saying ya'll once I'm out there

6. Blue Bell Ice Cream - I just realized that I will have to soon part with Moo-lenium Crunch and Cookies! Cookies! Cookies! People from the East have no idea what they're missing with Blue Bell

7. Sonic - I love lemon berry slushes! And tots! (I sound like Napolean). But seriously, a slushie and an order of tots is my favorite post vball snack

Mmm that's what comes to mind right now. How sad that of the 7 things, 4 of them involved food. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh course it's about food =) Come back for the food and friends =)

corndog said...

can't wait to hear about your adventures up north! clam chowwdah! (I like your Kiva link, BTW)

Jennifer Hu said...

We went to On the Border last weekend. It was TERRIBLE!! I ordered a Chile Relleno, thinking it'd be like Chuy's Chile relleno...but it was very very different...sniff..plus, the salsa wasn't spicy at all!

sharerie said...

yum yum. i had some moo-i-can't-spell-it crunch yesterday, so now i know what you're talking about!