Ok this is somewhat of a random post, but have you heard about the magical berries? Apparently, there is some fruit from West Africa where if you eat it, everything you eat afterwards for about an hour tastes sweet. Odd, right? You can read the article in the New York Times about it here --> it's pretty humorous. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/dining/28flavor.html?ref=dining
On a related berry note, my favorite dessert this year has been the pinkberry-style of frozen yogurt. If you haven't had it yet, it's basically fro yo that tastes like if you took normal yogurt (like Dannon) with a sweet, tart flavor and made it into a frozen yogurt. From there, you add fruit toppings to it. My favorite combination is the yogurt with raspberries, blueberries, and mochi. My reasoning is that I get both calcium and fresh fruit this way. :)
Anyway, today I went to Red Mango (one of the chains of this type of yogurt). The one in Palo Alto was recently opened by Yul of Survivor fame. I've always heard his name but had no clue what he looked like. Tonight, as I was in line, I noticed that the man behind the counter was Asian, and looked for professional (he used to work for the consulting firm I'm working for now). I thought to myself, maybe this is Yul. Sure enough, at the counter as he was taking my order, I noticed an article about him on the counter. So yes, today, I was served frozen yogurt by Yul. My random comment for this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW!!! That is so cool!! I watched that WHOLE season and wanted him to win =)
We also have a place in north Austin one called Tomunchi (Andy even wrote a review for it on Yelp) and Swirl is opening up one on the Drag. My favorite is the green tea yogurt with mango, mochi, and lychee jelly =)
yes you will have to try tomunchi when you visit austin again.
YOU GOT TO SEE YUL??? I AM SO JEALOUS!! I liked him a LOT! :D
must be getting popular. they have this place in Houston called SWIRL. same idea..but no Yul. =(
Post a Comment