Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Z-elightful Day

On Monday, I was back in my typical routine, flying out to Seattle. This time I got to take the 9:00 am flight instead of the 6:30 am, so the week was already off to a better start. Then, I got another little surprise. I usually don't rent a car because I carpool during the week with another person, but since I was the only one from my office this week, I headed over to the Hertz counter. The woman at the counter was super chipper and really nice. Surprised by her cheerfulness, I reciprocated even though I was a little groggy from my flight. After I had told her I was the only one in the car for the week, she smiled and said she had a suprise for me. When I got to the lot, I found a pretty, silver 350Z coupe. I don't think I've even driven a 2-door before other than a little hatchback. It's been fun to drive it around Seattle since it's a lot more zippy then any other rental car I've gotten. It's also funny to me because all the guys are jealous since their free upgrades usually end up being mini-vans.

Then the nice day was capped off by dinner. Last week I had noticed that there was a Z Tejas right across from my hotel. So on Monday, I got a to-go order of the crispy salmon, a side caesar salad, and the mud pie. They even gave me cornbread! Obviously by the ordering, it was a case of the eyes being bigger than the stomach, but I was so happy to be reunited with yummy Z Tejas food. mmm

2 comments:

Pfeng said...

oooo nice car!!! :D

marthachow said...

aww nice car and a taste of austin? wow