-Long weekend - I got Friday off, but I did have to pay for it. They loaded us with some extra classes proving that nothing comes for free, but nonetheless I was grateful for the day off. This was extremely helpful since I needed extra rest to fight cold redux #2; I slept a lot of Friday and managed to get some work in as well.
-Friends to come visit! Not only did Peggy and Leo decide to come visit this weekend, but Berto happened to be in town for a conference so we had a mini-reunion. Yay!
In my world, showing people Boston really means eating good food. I'm slowly developing a tour for visitors (really meaning stops for where we eat when you come into town). Here's what the visit looked like:
Dim Sum at Hei La Moon - I found this place online and it was pretty good. It was definitely legit since everyone that worked there spoke Cantonese, but my Mandarin was able to get us by...
Watching the Horns at Tommy Doyles. This was the disappointing part of the trip - enough said. At least the onion strings were tasty.
Giacomo's for dinner and Modern Pastry for dessert. Sharon and I did this when she helped me move in, and since everyone seems to really like Giacomo's I think this is a must for the tour (thank to Sheu for taking me there in the first place). Giacomo's has this red sauce that's lobster based and it's SO yummy. And then Modern pastry has delicious cannolis that they fill when you order. Yum yum yum!
Breakfast/lunch at Hong Kong Eatery. This was on recommendation from Vanessa Hsu, and it was yummy. I really liked the pork with the crispy skin on it.
Then we hit a bakery afterward. Check out these interesting cakes that they had...
My favorite is the sea urchin one. Doesn't it make you want to visit me? :)
4 comments:
yes, looking at your food pics makes me wanna visit!! boston looks really fun!
hey, hope your cold is gone!
yikes....so much food...i want some.
So glad you liked HK Eatery! :)
those are cute pastries!! i could never eat them!! they are too cute!!
find some healthy eateries too for when i come to visit! :) i REALLY like deli/sammiches type places. and cafes too! ;)
Post a Comment