More pictures to come I promise. I need to take some photos of the campus so you can see how pretty it and the Charles are. Today I went for a quick run around the Charles - it was nice, the weather is tons better than the heat in Texas, and I had a nice view the whole time.
Today I had my first case - so at HBS, all your classes revolve around a case. You read it ahead of time, discuss it with your learning team, and then discuss it in class; that's basically how you learn. You take on the role of the protagonist in the case, and try to determine what's the situation and how you would handle it. I like the idea of the case method but was a little uneasy because I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be fighting to share my opinion among 90, but I contributed and it wasn't terrible. :) I felt relatively comfortable so hopefully I'm well psyched for classes now. Now it's just the battle of homework. They say you should be prepping around 2 hours per case, and Friday is my first 3 case day. Yes, math geniuses, that means I have 6 hours of homework on Thursday!
My other observation about the case method is its similarities to inductive Bible study. They called the case method an inductive learning method which triggered me to think of the similarities - you read, pull what observations/interpretations you can find, and then through a group setting you discuss and try to learn from each other. Who knew small group was preparing me for HBS all this time. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember thinking the same thing about inductive Bible study when I went through a p2 lit class soph year, too.
Cool, glad class went well!
Dude...I would get OWNED by HBS. I don't do well with inductive bible studies. :(
Post a Comment