Friday, September 14, 2007

Survival of the Fittest

I've quickly learned that succeeding here is going to involve a game of survival. There's knowing how to put in the right amount of work into cases so that you can survive the classes; there's knowing just how much sleep you need to balance all the activities going on; there's even survival of the fittest in terms of your health. Yes, within 1 week of being here, I've gotten sick. I've always been prone to getting sick, but this was tough; especially since it's my first week of full classes, being sick has not helped at all. 3 case days are super long, and when you're sick and stiff, it's even worse. Praise God that I've made it through. I've started to feel a little better and even played a little bit of racquetball today. I'm taking it easy tonight with dinner and a housewarming party so that I can get plenty of rest. Sadly, I can't rest too much since I need to do homework in the morning. The life of a student.

On the upside, hopefully I'll have some good pics to come. Tomorrow I'm going on a Duck Tour (free!) with the Women's Student Association. I'm all about maximizing the free events. I've totally adjusted to student money saving mode (even though my working life didn't really differ that much either).

3 comments:

Edmund and Alicia said...

airborne...faya. take it. it's really good and full of vitamins to fight off diseases. =)

i love your dorm room. it looks so homey! you did a great job decorating.

Pfeng said...

duck tour is so much fun!! and even better when it's FREE. :)

FP said...

i did take airborne though... i think there are too many germs going around - plus the whole meeting people just spreads it around...